Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 23: Hood River

Driving from our campsite on the east side of Mt Hood in, we first stopped at Packer Orchards Farm Stand.
http://www.packerorchardsandbakery.com/
Ummm, amazing! so many jams and chutneys and pickles and pie fillings. Delicious!

Then we headed down in to Hood River to spend the day hanging out in this hip little town where the Hood River feeds in to the Colombia River.

We walked out to the sand bar and watched the kite surfers playing in the wind. I want to try this sport!








On to the Full Sail Brewery for lunch and tasters. What a great view from the patio. I could count 30 kite surfers just in the little window we could see of the Colombia. I am sure there were at least 80 kites out there. I really do want to try this sport. I think I could do it since it looks so similar to wakeboarding, but harder. 








No comments:

Post a Comment